Friday 23 March 2012

23/03/12 Update: Injuries, New Games and Films

Again, it has been a few weeks. Again, I promise myself I’ll post more often. As I type this, BBC iPlayer has just failed on me. Back to youtube I go. I have not slept properly in weeks. I do not know why, and attempts to fix it have failed. So… any interesting things happen in the last three weeks?

I got my hands cut up pretty bad the other day. Okay, not that badly. Got a few cuts from some broken glass, there were about ten of them, only two on the left hand though. None were serious in fact half of them were fully healed the next night. The one on my right thumb took about five minutes to stop bleeding though. I wasn’t really bothered; I found it all really amusing. Even more amusing when I called my mum to tell her and she said ‘if it isn’t stopping, go to the hospital’. It was a tiny cut. What did I do next? I cooked some chicken goujons and ate them with my hands. Stupid? Perhaps, it stung quite a bit. I’m not entirely stupid though, at least I forgot salt. And last night I burnt my thumb, but it's fine.

I spent over £200 on new games. I don’t know what I was thinking, but it was totally worth it. I bought a PS3 and Wii for myself. Only have a few games on each at the moment, but I’m sure that number will increase soon enough. I immediately became addicted to Skyrim and Final Fantasy XIII on the PS3… I also got some new games for the PS2, though that was before this so it’s not included in the whole £200 thing, and I made a vow to my PS2 that I would not love it any less now. If it had thoughts, I’m sure it would think I was lying, considering how much time I’ve been spending on the newer console lately.

I finally watched The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy for the first time. It made me question why it was the first time. I seriously love that film, it’s so funny and has so many great quotes that I just have to memorise and use at random moments… Seriously, if you haven’t watched it, I highly recommend it. I’m watching it again now.

I made a presentation for one of my favourite films, A Scanner Darkly, for my Exploring Contemporary Arts class at university. Watching it again, it inspired me to make animated pictures in the same sort of style – getting a real photo and then drawing and colouring over it. Here’s the first one I did, I call it Camouflage Cat. Sonny comes out on camera in some weird colours. Although I don’t know, maybe he is a bit green. I’m making a sequel, it looks weirder. I want to do more pictures like this, but maybe in a slightly different style. Of course, I often do the same thing with my own drawings, scanning them onto the computer to go over and colour them.





I’m also about to finish university for the year, but I’m going to make a separate post for that. So… these are basically the most interesting moments of the last few weeks (yes, I live a student’s life that to most would not be very interesting at all hehe).

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Stacey xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment