Friday 30 November 2012

Monthly Update 30/11/12


I’ve decided to start doing these as monthly updates instead of weekly ones just because it will take up less of my blog and mean I only talk about more important things. So let’s get right on with it.

This Month:

  • NaNo – NaNoWriMo was a failure again for me this year due to having too much university work to do. I have vowed that next year, regardless of the amount of work, I will complete it. A big part of it I think is that I didn’t perfect my methods of working until around the end of the month.
  • Screenwriting Results – I got the results back for the first assignment I handed in for my screenwriting module. I got 64%. I didn’t think that sounded like a lot at first but then I remembered you only need 70% to get the top grade, and this was the assignment I felt least confident about, so I’m feeling good about the rest.
  • Reading Log – I completed and gave in the first assignment for my prose module. We basically had to read 10 short stories and write a short paragraph on each. I found it a little tricky because it had to be 2000 words, meaning I could only write 200 on each.
  • Dreams – I have been having some really crazy dreams in the last week. That might not sound relevant but it is to me, just because of how interesting they were. Now there’s been a lot of danger and scary stuff in them too but last nights was the first of recent dreams to actually scare me. It was even done in the style of a horror video game. I think I need to cut down. I really hope this continues though.
  • Presentation – I had to give a presentation on Wednesday as my second assignment for prose. I did it on Richard Laymon since he’s been my favourite author for years and no one in my class has ever read any of his stories. I’m hoping that will change now. One of our teachers has already bought a book. It also went a lot better than I thought it would.
  • Proposal – I (finally) sent in the proposal for my Independent Study Module. Surprisingly, I’m not worried about whether I’ve done it well. I’m just waiting for a response now.


Next Month:

  • Assignments – I have 4 assignments to give in in just under 2 weeks. So far they’re going pretty well, I have second drafts for my short story and script and basic 1st drafts for my two essays. I’ve also figured out how I can have them all finished on time without having to overwork myself, provided I stay motivated and do everything I have planned for each day. 
  • Going Home – I’m going back home on the 13th of December and I can’t wait! It’s going to be so good to be back again and it will be nice to relax without having any work to worry about.
  • Birthday and Christmas – It’s my birthday on the 24th and then Christmas the next day obviously! Unfortunately I only had money this year to buy a present for one person and I chose my dad. I don’t think I’ll be getting many presents either as no one has much money at the moment but I don’t care about that. I’ll just be happy to be with my family and be able to eat properly.
  • Independent Study – Did I say no work? Well maybe a little. The Independent Study module has taken a while to get going so I’ll be working over the holiday to make up for it. Luckily though this one doesn’t require much work and the work it does require I’ll love. All I’ll have to do is a bit of research and some planning that can be completed in January. I’m hoping to have my first draft complete near the end of January or early February.


No comments:

Post a Comment