Sunday 16 September 2012

Weekly Update 16/09/12


It’s been a while again but I’ve been a bit distracted settling into student accommodation again and getting ready for uni. At the same time I’ve been very lazy it seems, my sleeping schedule is off again and well let’s just say I haven’t seen a lot of mornings lately.

Good


  • On Tuesday was invited to go to McDonald’s with my flatmates for lunch. It was fun and it gives me the hope that I will actually get along with my flatmates this year.
  • Went to the induction day for my class. Nothing much happened, it was basically just the guy talking about when and where our lessons are and trying to figure out if there were any schedule clashes for those who do creative writing joint with another class. It got me excited for this week though.
  • I spent a lot of time watching game videos on Youtube, particularly for some horror games that I’ve been interested in recently. I also downloaded a couple and was able to play them for the first time, namely Slender and SCP-87. I also downloaded SCP-87b but it isn’t working. That was so exciting for me.
  • Updated my cosplay list. I'll add the updates to the cosplay list on my blog tomorrow.


Bad


  • There was a misunderstanding on Monday. I don’t want to talk about it on here but I actually had a panic attack over it, was scared half the afternoon that I was going to be in a lot of trouble, and then when everything was figured out and it turned out there wasn’t going to be a problem I was still a bit off for the rest of the day.
  • I was woken up at 2:30 in the morning twice this week by flatmates coming home. I’m not going to complain about them and I’m not really upset about it, but it didn’t really help my sleeping problems, especially since the first time I’d only been asleep for about 20 minutes.
  • Friday evening I noticed when looking on the online thing for my uni that there were problems with the modules it said I was enrolled under. This doesn’t actually qualify as bad because it’s been sorted out and I had microwave pizza as a reward to myself after, but basically I had to go to the LRC and ask about it. It turned out I was only enrolled for 4 modules instead of the necessary 5 so I had to say which one I wanted to add and then I had to change another one because I thought I was enrolled on one that starts this week but the thing said I was on the one after Christmas, if I hadn’t managed to change that I would have only had one class a week between now and Christmas. It may sound good but I don’t think I would have liked it.


Things to do next week


  • Have my first two lessons of the year, I’m really looking forward to it. Hopefully there will also be a meeting with the guy who does the Independent Study course since it has no lessons and then I can start on that.
  • Get my student finance money! I’ve been waiting for this for a while. Then I have to wait a couple of days for rent to go out and the bank to update so I know how much I have left (I’m a little bit in overdraft right now) and then I’m going to get my ticket for Expo and the rest of the things I need for my cosplays.
That’s basically it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment