Sunday 29 July 2012

Top 5 Childhood Shows I Still Love


So over the past year or so I started thinking more about the cartoons I used to watch as a child and actually started watching them again, curious as to whether I’d still enjoy them or if I’d see them differently than I did back then. There were some that just didn’t interest me much or that I even thought were rubbish. There were however, some that I did love just as much as I did as a child.

The restrictions to this list:
-              They have to be mainly aimed at children.
-              I can only include ones that were out pre-2004 (when I started secondary school).
-              They have to be ones I’ve watched properly within the last two years.

5. Pinky and the Brain
This is one of those shows I’m proud to say I remembered the lyrics to the theme song before looking them up. This show was brilliant when I was a kid. I still really like it though I didn’t find it quite as good as I did as a kid, which is why it’s only number 5 on the list. Still really good though, I mean how can a show about mice trying to take over the world not be good?

4. Ozzy & Drix
Time wise this one just about makes it on the list. This show might actually be one of the things that started my love of medical science. It’s also really funny. Still, as much as I love it, I don’t love it as much as the film it’s based on.

3. X-Men: Evolution
This is the show that started my love of the X-Men series and is my still my favourite of the television series’. I’ve only re-watched a few episodes of this show recently, unlike the others on this list, of which I’ve watched all the episodes, but it still gets higher on this list for being a great show. And when I was a kid I had a really big crush on Nightcrawler. There, I admitted it. And to be honest, I still kinda see why. I should go find a bag for my head now…

2. Ed, Edd n Eddy
I didn’t actually expect this one to interest me as much as it did when I was a child but it did and it’s still as funny as I remember. The best part is for whatever reason I didn’t see the last season or the movie when I was a kid, so when I started watching it a few months ago there were new things for me to see, which was even better. Also noticed a few sex jokes I’d never noticed as a kid. People always say childhood shows are full of them but you have to watch them as an adult to notice. I have noticed it in a few shows but the ones in this show, though most were very subtle, were still really obvious to me. It may be because most were pointed out to me beforehand… maybe.

1. Courage the Cowardly Dog
Loved this show as a kid, still do. I love this one for trying to be creepy despite being a kid’s show. When this is brought up, some people talk about how much it actually scared them. Most didn’t scare me as a kid though I still found them creepy and entertaining, but some episodes really did. They don’t anymore thankfully (or sadly). It also has a lot of darker themes in general, though again you don’t always notice as a kid.

So that’s my list, hope you liked it, feel free to tell me what you think or what shows are your favourite from childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment