Tuesday 1 January 2013

Hello 2013 (Plans for the Year)


Not a clever title but hey, it follows on from the last post well. Okay, I’m not good with titles, I admit it, not that there’s much to admit. I refuse to make getting better at titles one of my new year’s resolutions. I’m not even going to talk about New Year’s Resolutions in this post. I didn’t even start mine today, I’m starting them tomorrow. I’ll talk about them tomorrow. Okay? Good.

So the beginning of the new year, which as I said is pretty much the same as any other time of the year, but also as I said is a good time to make some changes. This post is going to be more about my plans for the year rather than what I’m going to change. Obviously I don’t have a full year’s worth of plans yet, I’m sure it will grow, but I do have some.

January to April will pretty much be focused on university work. I especially need to put a lot of focus on my Independent Study project since that one’s all me and it’s a bit behind at the moment. It’s good because I need something to distract me from the fact that I won’t be able to start making my cosplays until March or even April at the latest. I’ll be taking a couple of trips to London, one for the Chinese New Year celebrations and possibly one for my group’s meet in March. That one depends on whether or not I have class on Fridays, I’m still not sure whether I do or not, but if I do I won’t be able to go. I do still want to get one trip to London in March though. Then I’ll be going back after classes finish in April.

May will be spent finishing my cosplays among other things and going to the MCM expo. Hopefully I’ll be able to do more over the summer than I did last year and be able to make most of the group meets. I do want to try to get a summer job as well and of course I’ll be starting my cosplays for October.

Then from September it’ll be whatever work waits for me in the first semester of the third year, Expo again in October and NaNoWriMo in November.Then in December it’s back to London for Christmas!

So those are my plans so far for my year. It might not sound like that much at the moment but I’m sure there’ll be a lot going on.
I am very determined to make this a great year and determined not to have any major screw ups. I hope to have made significant progress in several areas of my life. I hope to have made a real start in my writing career, to have great times with friends and make some new ones, develop my skills in various hobbies, etc.

Okay, I admit it, this was a pretty boring post considering it's the first of the year, but it will only get better.

I hope.

Everyone else had a good new year?
And if you're part of a culture that has already had new year, well, same thing. And to those that may not have had theirs yet, I hope you have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment