Monday 30 January 2012

Future Cosplay: Pinkie Pie Cupcakes Version

I’ve been meaning to do an update post but I thought I’d do this first since I just wrote this plan up. I’ve decided for one of my future cosplays I’m going to be Pinkie Pie, the cupcakes version. If you don’t know, Pinkie Pie is one of the main characters from My Little Pony Friendship is Magic and Cupcakes is a whole fandom based on a fanfic where she well… kills other ponies and bakes them into cupcakes and all sorts of psychopathic things… I love it, so me. And well I’ve been looking to make a costume that requires more work, so it’s perfect. Here’s my plan so far, think it’ll be my summer project.

Things I need (and how I plan to do it):

Cutie mark dress

Originally I was going to completely make the dress from scratch but because I’m paranoid about getting the size right and I’m not going to get a dressmaking dummy until September (and I wanna start asap) I’m going to start by buying a plain (as possible) dress that fits me so I know I’ve got it right and then I’m going to sew the cutie marks on. I’m not sure what material I’ll use for those yet, I want to use the same for all of them obviously. I’m thinking maybe something like silk in varying colours for pony skin, whatever I can get cheaply really, maybe three or four different colours, and I think for the actual cutie marks I may use felt or something. I know they’ll stick out a bit but I’m not good enough at sewing to just sew cutie mark patterns onto the dress so… yeah. I also need to figure out how I’ll do the Pegasus wings.

Unicorn horn necklace
At this point I think I’ll be making the horns out of paper and painting them and using a normal piece of string to put them around my neck.

Hooves
Yeah, I really wanna do this properly so I have to have hooves too. I’m thinking altering some pink mittens for my hands because I don’t want to restrict them too much. I’m not completely sure what I’ll do for my feet yet. Should all else fail I’ll just get some pink shoes.

Pink skin
Again, I really wanna do this right, so I’m gonna get some body paint and any part of my skin that shows is gonna be turned pink.

Pink wigI’ve seen a couple of good wigs so that shouldn’t be a problem. I wanna do the straight hair version, most wigs have at least a little curliness, but I don’t mind that so much.

Fake blood
I think I’ll be getting some of this anyway, maybe putting on my face and hair a little and quite possibly bits of my dress.

Rainbow Dash cupcakes
Well, it’s not like cupcakes are hard to make… and it kinda feels like a necessary thing for this costume hehe.

Skull hatI know it didn’t happen in the original story but I love the idea of using Gilda’s skull as a hat… so I think I’ll be attempting to make that too. Not completely sure how I’ll do that yet though.

Extras?
Maybe a hacksaw prop or something? I’ve been considering it… Not sure if I’ll do anything else yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment