Thursday 2 January 2014

New Year Part 1: 2013 Review

Well, I’m a little late, but it’s time for the whole New Year thing. Before I go on to talk about the year ahead, I wanted to take some time to talk about the previous one. 2013 was a great year for me, maybe one of the best so far.

There were some downsides. I couldn’t go to MCM Expo in October and there were some other financial problems. Christmas didn’t quite turn out the way I wanted either, but that’s really all I can think of on the negative side.

On the positive side, there were a lot of great times with friends and family. I went to Alcon for the first time and it was amazing. I also gave blood for the first time, something I sadly haven’t been able to do since but am definitely looking forward to doing again this year.

If not in general, 2013 at least saw the start of my best year in university so far. 2012 was bad for accommodation and the beginning of 2013 saw it getting better, but since September I’ve been in a really great flat with two amazing flatmates and we’ve had a lot of great times together. I’ve had a lot more of a social life, continuing to go to Anime Society but also joining the new English Society and starting to talk to a group of people in my class more regularly. The classes themselves have been getting better as well.

2013 brought some great seasons of some of my favourite programmes, and sadly some that weren’t as good, not to mention the awesome Doctor Who 50th anniversary special. I also discovered some amazing musicians and games that I hadn’t known about previously.


I was going to go into details and talk about specific things, but I think leaving this post as a summary is a nice idea. Overall, 2013 was a year full of great memories, and I have high expectations for this year to be even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment